Content submission rules
- You are responsible and accountable for what you post on the site. Don't publish anything you are not prepared to stand by.
- If you post an item you must be prepared for others to comment on it.
- If you voice an opinion it should be constructive, not vindictive or malicious.
- Do not use the site to defame individuals or businesses. You can make comments and write reviews but you must do it with respect for the feelings of others and the laws of defamation.
- Do not submit the same item multiple times. Otherwise we will have to remove it.
- Don't be verbose. Get to the point quickly and don't write an epic.
- Check your facts and always tell the truth. Poorly-researched information or falsehoods only undermine the value of the site.
- Anything indecent, vulgar, sexually explicit, blasphemous, racist, generally inappropriate, defamatory, demonstrably wrong or plain bad is not allowed on the site and will be blocked or removed.
- The owners and editors of inmycommunity.com.au are not responsible or liable for anything posted on the site. By joining the site and posting material, members accept responsibility for the material they post.
- By posting material on the site, members agree that inmycommunity.com.au and its affiliated companies will hold copyright on the material for all electronic uses or for use in print publications and marketing provided it is used in an appropriate context.
- Interacting on inmycommunity.com.au should be viewed as a chat in the street with other locals or, in some cases, a lively public meeting. Don't take it too seriously.
- The Web Site is provided as a local community hub for interaction between friends, family, neighbours and other members of the community. Content is to be respectful of the Web Site community and appropriate for a diverse readership.
- Use your own judgement when reading the recommendations of others. Just because a member recommends something does not mean it is endorsed by inmycommunity.com.au
- Can U Help and Public notices are for personal use by individuals only. They are not to be used for business purposes.
- Don't publish the personal information of other people unless you have their permission.
- If you find something on the site you think should not be there, let us know IMMEDIATELY using the Contact Us email.
- You can post a press release but only if it is local and appropriate.
- Do not post information or pictures if you don't hold the copyright.
- You will provide and/or procure on behalf of yourself and us all proper licences, clearances, permissions and/or releases in writing in respect of any content you post to the Web Site so that we are vested with an irrevocable non-exclusive, transferable and royalty-free right to exploit the content you post to the Web Site.
- Do not impersonate someone else. You can "live" on the site under a pseudonym but not as another real person.
- By submitting content, you give us permission to publish it and for others to comment on it.
- The editors reserve the right to reject or remove any content that does not adhere to these rules and terminate the membership of anyone who breaks them.
- You will not use the username and password of another registered member at any time, disclose your username and/or password to any third party and/or permit any third party to access the Web Site as a registered member using your username and password.
- By joining inmycommunity.com.au you agree to abide by all these rules and be totally responsible for material you post on the site.
We do not accept responsibility for any action, claim, demand, loss (including consequential loss) and/or cost (including legal cost) however caused (including through negligence and/or wilful misconduct) which you may directly and/or indirectly suffer and/or incur in connection with your use of and/or reliance on:
- the Web Site;
- any Linked (as defined below) web site; and/or
- information accessed at and/or through the Web Site and/or any Linked (as defined below) web site,
whether or not legal proceedings are instituted.
- if the breach relates to goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and/or
- if the breach relates to services:
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
You will ensure that your access to the Web Site is not illegal and/or prohibited by laws which apply to you.
You will not provide Links (as defined below) to the Web Site from any web site that contains content that:
- will subject us to an action for defamation, intellectual property rights infringement and/or a breach of any law; and/or
- is not in conformity with accepted standards of public decency and good taste.
You will take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing the Web Site does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code and/or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system.
Whilst we have no reason to believe that any information contained on the Web Site is inaccurate, we do not warrant the accuracy, adequacy and/or completeness of that information, nor do we undertake to keep the Web Site updated.
Responsibility for the content of advertisements appearing on the Web Site [including Links (as defined below) to advertisers' own web sites] rests solely with the advertisers. The placement of advertisements does not constitute a recommendation and/or endorsement by us of the advertisers' goods and/or services and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with its advertisement.
You release and indemnify us and/or our related bodies corporate, officers, employees, agents and/or contractors against all actions, claims, demands, losses (including consequential losses) and/or costs (including legal costs) directly and/or indirectly suffered and/or incurred as a result of:
- your use of Links (as defined below) to our content;
- your use of our content;
whether or not legal proceedings are instituted and, if such proceedings are instituted, irrespective of the means, manner and/or nature of any settlement, compromise and/or determination.
Intellectual property rights
Intellectual property rights in the Web Site are owned and/or licensed by us.
In consideration of being granted this Linking right, you undertake:
- not to bring into disrepute us, our related bodies corporate, our goods, our services and/or our officers and/or employees;
- to use active Links to our Material;
- not to use:
- any Links that provide a link to a web page or internet location that is part of the Web Site other than a Link to the home page of the Web Site or the home page of a subsidiary web site; and/or
- any method or mechanism of Linking, where it appears that the Linked Material is part of the web site containing the Link and/or the Linked Material is not part of the Web Site where it was originally located;
- not to use any process by which a web page containing our Material will be returned in the search engine results when a search is conducted for a competitor's brand and/or identity and vice versa in connection with our Material;
- to use our Material in the form in which it is provided;
- not to alter, amend, redraw, distort, animate and/or tamper with any of our Material in any way;
- to retain any copyright and/or trade mark symbols that appear in our Material;
- not to use our Material in a manner that gives the impression and/or represents that any person, organisation and/or event is in any way related to, sponsored by and/or affiliated with us; and/or
- to comply, within a reasonable time, with any demand or request by us in relation to your use of our Material.
The Web Site may contain Links to other web sites. Those Links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices and/or other activities of Linked web sites.
Our Links with Linked web sites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval and/or recommendation by us of the owners and/or operators of those Linked web sites, and/or of any information, graphics, materials, goods and/or services referred to and/or contained in those Linked web sites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
Termination of access
Access to the Web Site may be terminated at any time by us without notice. Our disclaimer will nevertheless survive any such termination.
Removal of content
Content posted to the Web Site may be removed at any time by us without notice.
You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Western Australia and the Commonwealth of Australia.
Privacy collection statement
We may collect personal information about you, including the information you provide upon registration and/or upon accessing and/or using the Web Site.
We collect this information for the purpose of:
- registering you as a member;
- providing services to you;
- unless you indicate that you do not wish us to use your personal information for this particular purpose by placing a tick in the adjacent box, providing you with information about other services we offer that may be of interest to you;
- facilitating our internal business operations, including the fulfilment of any legal requirements;
- analysing our services and customer needs with a view to developing new and/or improved services; and/or
- unless you indicate that you do not wish us to use your personal information for this particular purpose by placing a tick in the adjacent box, providing you with promotional information about us.
We may disclose this information to:
- a purchaser of the assets and operations of our business, providing those assets and operations are purchased as a going concern; and/or
- our related bodies corporate.
If the personal information you provide to us is incomplete and/or inaccurate, we may be unable to process your registration and/or be unable to provide you with the services you are seeking.
Terms and Conditions for the Supply of Your Content
1. If you send content to CNG, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. These terms and conditions are subject to change at the sole discretion of CNG.
3. You should only provide your content to CNG if you are over 18 years of age.
4. CNG will determine, at its discretion, whether to publish (or remove from a site) any of your content.
5. You acknowledge that CNG may use all intellectual property rights in your content throughout the world, in perpetuity, without restriction and without making payment to you, including publication of that material in hard copy publications or in electronic media, using your content in advertising and promotional material for CNG and permitting others to do any of these, including when CNG and others receive payment for this.
7. CNG may edit your content in its discretion.
8. You warrant that:
(a) you own your content and all rights in relation to your content;
(b) you obtained your content in a manner which does not breach any laws or the rights of any person;
(c) your content is accurate and reflects actual people and events and you did not digitally alter images or footage in any way to create your content or impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(d) your content, your provision of your content to CNG and the use by CNG of your content, in each case as contemplated in these terms and conditions, does not breach any law (including laws relating to privacy, intellectual property and defamation) or the rights of any person;
(e) your content, at the time you send it to CNG, contains no virus or other code or material embedded in it which will have a negative impact on CNG' services or infrastructure;
(f) your content is not being provided for a commercial purpose (including that you are not soliciting funds or promoting particular goods or services); and
(g) you did not forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or SMS.
9. CNG will be under no liability to you in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of your supply of your content to CNG, or the subsequent use of your content within goods or services supplied by CNG.
10. On providing your content to CNG for publication in any media, you indemnify CNG and its officers, employees and agents against any damage or loss made against or suffered by any of those indemnified arising, in whole or in part, as a result of:
(a) the publication by CNG or a person permitted by CNG of your content; or
(b) a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
12. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the state of Western Australia. The parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts exercising jurisdiction there.
13. Nothing in these terms and conditions has any impact on the terms and conditions of use which apply to the relevant CNG sites or other services.
FOOTBALL TIPPING COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Instructions on how to enter form part of these terms and conditions. If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and any other published material, these terms and conditions are to prevail.
2. The promoter is Community Newspaper Group Ltd (ABN 13 009 128 081) of 34 Stirling St, Perth Western Australia 6000 (“CNG”) telephone 9237 1000.
3. Participants in the competition will be deemed to abide by these conditions of entry.
4. Participants agree to make themselves available for publicity purposes.
5. The promoter may appoint judges and the judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. Participation is open to residents within Weekend Courier/Kwinana Courier distribution area who fulfil the participation requirements.
7. To enter participants must enter via Facebook.com/WeekendCourier and post the winning team and margin. One entry per person. The wining entrant will be contacted via Facebook.
8. The major prize for the competition is double-pass to United Cinema in Rockingham valued at $30.
9. The winners of the competition will be selected on Saturday September 27.
10. Directors and employees of Community Newspaper Group including their immediate families, its agencies and companies associated with the competition are ineligible to enter.
11. The promoter and the judges will not be liable for any losses or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained, in connection with the promotion, the use of the prize or any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of the promoter, the judges or their respective agents, employees and contractors.
12. The prize(s) must be claimed within three months from the date of winning, unless otherwise agreed or specified by Community Newspaper Group. All prize(s) not claimed for any reason within the time frame specified will be deemed to be forfeited or abandoned by the winner and will be dealt with according to legislative requirements.
13. A) By entering the competition, you consent to the collection of your details and acknowledge that Community Newspaper Group may, at its discretion, disclose and use these details for the purpose of providing you with goods and services, communicating with you, planning, research, product and business development and sales, promotional or editorial purposes. The details will also be used to investigate complaints, as required or permitted by law, to enable Community Newspaper Group to perform its obligations to you under this or any other agreement and to ensure that you perform your obligations under this or any agreement.
B) If you do not want your details to be collected and used for the purposes stated above, please write to us: Community Newspaper Group, Marketing Department, 34 Stirling St Perth 6000
YOUR GENERATION COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Instructions on how to enter form part of these terms and conditions. If there is any conflict between these terms and conditions and any other published material, these terms and conditions are to prevail.
The promoter is Community Newspaper Group Ltd (ABN 13 009 128 081) of 34 Stirling St, Perth Western Australia 6000 (“CNG”) telephone 9237 1000.
Participants in the competition will be deemed to abide by these conditions of entry.
Participants agree to make themselves available for publicity purposes.
The promoter may appoint judges and the judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
Participation is open to residents of Mandurah and Rockingham who fulfil the participation requirements.
To enter participants must send their name, address and daytime phone number to Locked Bag No 2, Northbridge WA 6865 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 19/09/2014
The major prize for the competition is one of 5 x double movie passes to either United Cinema’s Rockingham or Reading Cinema’s Mandurah valued at $30. Prizes are not redeemable for cash.
The winners of the competition will be selected by random on Monday 22 September 2014 at Community Newspaper Group, Perth. Winners have three months in which to pick up their prize before it becomes forfeit.
Directors and employees of Community Newspaper Group including their immediate families, its agencies and companies associated with the competition are ineligible to enter.
The promoter and the judges will not be liable for any losses or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained, in connection with the promotion, the use of the prize or any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of the promoter, the judges or their respective agents, employees and contractors.
The prize(s) must be claimed within three months from the date of winning, unless otherwise agreed or specified by Community Newspaper Group. All prize(s) not claimed for any reason within the time frame specified will be deemed to be forfeited or abandoned by the winner and will be dealt with according to legislative requirements.
A) By entering the competition, you consent to the collection of your details and acknowledge that Community Newspaper Group may, at its discretion, disclose and use these details for the purpose of providing you with goods and services, communicating with you, planning, research, product and business development and sales, promotional or editorial purposes. The details will also be used to investigate complaints, as required or permitted by law, to enable Community Newspaper Group to perform its obligations to you under this or any other agreement and to ensure that you perform your obligations under this or any agreement.
B) If you do not want your details to be collected and used for the purposes stated above, please write to us: Community Newspaper Group, Marketing Department, 34 Stirling St Perth 6000